Our first and primary course, The Animation Course consists of five levels with the goal of giving the student the tools they need to enjoy the process of creating stories and animating them, thus producing their own short films.
- Level 1: An introduction to animation through 12 principles of animation.
- Level 2: Basic concepts of physics and how they apply to animated motion, emotion and acting, and body mechanics.
- Level 3: How to tell a story—everything from basic story structure to staging and cinematography.
- Level 4: Combines concepts learned from Levels 1-3 to help students create their own animated short film.
- C.A.T. (Continual Animation Training): Students work together just like a real animation crew to complete a joint film project.
To view work that past students have done, check out our Student Work page!
What are the courses like?
See Course Formats below for more information.